Personal website – Software Engineering Practices
This post will explain an easy way to get any database connection string. So, you can use this string to connect to your database using any developing Language.
- You will see a form similar to the form above.
- From provider tab, You can choose type of database provider you want to use (Access, SQL Server, Oracle …).
- Connection tab will be different according to provider you choose before from provider tab.
- The connection here for SQL Server Provider.
- Server name is the Database instance Name plus Machine Name.
- Logging to database require password and username that’s only if you use Mixed Mode in Installing SQL Server Database.
- If you don’t know the user and password user windows Integrated Security.
- Then if the information above is correct you will get all databases you created in “Select the database on the Server “Tab.
- Choose the one you want to connect to it.
- Test your Connection.
- Close the file by pressing OK button.
- Open the file with notepad.
- You will find the Connection String.
- Copy and paste in your Code.