1. Creative thinking: is the process by which we generate new ideas, imagine possibilities, and find relationships among seemingly unrelated concepts.
a. Why creativity of thinking is needed for analytic?
- Establishing and generation of new and fresh ideas and approaches.
- Convince others about these ideas.
- Putting these ideas into action.
- When there is a problem exit at beneficiary side, the analytic should put new ideas may be more efficient to satisfy the requirements with generating new added values and benefits.
- For example, if the beneficiary would like to have system to log his customers complaints, there may be many solution exit like custom made application to just log these complaints or may be CRM application with work flow till end of complaints resolving cycle.
2. Decision Making: is an essential process for all organization and making right decisions are more crucial. A logical and systematic way of decision making can help to address critical problems of business more precisely.
a. Why Decision Making is needed for analytic?
- For convincing the stakeholders and decision makers of choosing a specific solution.
- To address how this solution will solve their existing problems.
- To address the impact and benefits of this solution.
- Based on the previous ideas (CRM – Custom made application) If the analytic discover that the CRM product will be more suitable for beneficiary needs.
- He/she will address why choosing the CRM, for example; workflow cycle from receiving the complaint till solving it, monitoring the bottle neck of pending the complaints, measure complaints resolver performance, efficiency on solving customers’ complaints…etc.
3- Learning: to know the domain of the solution and how to absorb new information and requirements may be appear
a. Why Learning is needed for analytic?
- To know and be specialized on his domain like CRM applications.
- Well known of issues and related problem may exist at this domain.
- Can generate any solution based on this learning and known experience.
- If the beneficiary has a telephony system which is needed to be integrated with the CRM application to facilitate the complaints taking and creation.
- In this case the analytic should be well known of the product will be chosen to satisfy this requirement, and how this requirement will be implemented.
- This will be based on his knowledge at this domain.
4- Problem solving: is a mental process; part of the larger problem process that includes problem finding and problem shaping and its related with decision making process.
a. Why problem solving is needed for analytic?
- He /she have to have this skill to understand what is the problem and to address down in analytical understandable why.
- He/she should know many technicians in addressing this problem with its weaknesses and strengthens.
- Need to convince the decision makers on the chosen solution based on problem finding and analysis.
- After addressing the main pain and problem beneficiary is facing.
- He/she needs to write them down, to know which the best way to identify the required application.
5- System thinking: is the process of understanding how things influence one another within a whole
a. Why system thinking is needed for analytic?
- Understanding of the system will be provided and how any change may affect the whole system functions.
- Identifying how the system can be adapted to different changes.
- To be well known how the system will affected by any change and the system cannot absorb any changes.
- Some readymade systems have restrictions in some changes, so the analytics should aware of these restrictions. These restrictions shall be notified and identified to decision makers.
- Some readymade systems have limitation on work flow design and customization, so the analytic should know of these limitations on the system how the system can handle a work round or special development or customizations to serve the requirements and needs.
- The analytic should draw the system loops and links and how any change will effect on these loops with identification of issues or risks may exist after applying these changes.